It’s the Sunday of the Temptations, and for us the problem is that we may be tempted to put off till later, before starting our Lent. Well folks come on get cracking, have a go and remember giving something up for Lent is not the only thing to do, how about taking something on for Lent? Here are one or two things you may want to have a go at:
- When was the last time you came to Stations of the Cross on a Sunday? What do you mean you never have been! Well why not give it a go?
- Lectio Divina? What’s that? Come and see: it’s an opportunity to consider the Gospel for the Sunday through your insights and the insights of others, with and added bonus of praying together. 7pm on Wednesday in the Parish Hall, there’s even a cup of tea!
- Would you consider having the Icon blessed by Pope Francis for the week: Using it as a focus for your faith and taking the opportunity not only to pray for yourselves but for your street or area? Tony Kirstein has offered to coordinate this programme of prayer.
- Visits to the Blessed Sacrament are wonderful: know the Church is always open during the week until around 4-30pm, please use the side door.
- Our Lenten alms box is in the Sanctuary, so that what you save by your sacrifices can be given to charity; for example the price of one pint or a Costa coffee, can add up during Lent. We are going to send the proceeds of our Lenten alms to Katie Richard’s project in Peru, so not only will we be helping the poor, but channeling it through one of our own!
So give up or take on in Lent, either can help us grow in holiness and in love of our Blessed Lord. So on your marks, get set, get ready, go!!!!!!!! God Bless