Fr. Reynolds

On January 28th 1946 Fr. McNulty was appointed Parish Priest of St. Teresa's Blackburn and he was replaced as priest-in-charge by Fr. Vincent Reynolds (on February 1st 1946). Fr. Reynolds stayed by twelve months at St. Bernard's. He continued the good work of his predecessor. He was a good organiser and after six years as an army chaplain he found the daily routine of a parish very enjoyable. He was a good visitor, enjoyed meeting people and was quick in thought and speech. Fr. Reynolds helped to reduce the debt in the parish and on his departure on February 18th 1947 to be Parish Priest of St. Mary's Clayton-le-Moors the parish debt had been reduced to £1,000.